This two-day course starts with image management basics and takes you step by step through Aperture's powerful editing, retouching, proofing, publishing, and archiving features.
With complete coverage of Aperture's new features, learn to organize photos using Faces, Apple's face detection and recognition tool, take advantage of Places to find photos by where they were shot, and retouch images precisely with new nondestructive edge-aware brushes. Create advanced slideshows that include HD videos, titles, and layered soundtracks, using the full-screen Browser to browse and edit. Real-world exercises feature professional photography from a variety of genres, including, fashion, sports, wedding, commercial, and landscape.
Who should attend
This class is for anyone who wants to learn the fundamental functionality of Aperture, Apple's groundbreaking photo editing and management software. Aperture 3 delivers more than 200 new features and enhancements that combine powerful performance with iPhoto simplicity.
What you will learn
- Importing multi format images including RAW from a variety of media including iPhoto, disks and media cards
- Managing and adding metadata
- Using projects, albums and Smart Albums to organize images
- Evaluating images using a variety of display methods and techniques including the Light Table
- Indexing Photos with Faces and Places
- Non-destructively adjusting and stylizing images for web and print production
- Delivering images as files, books, web galleries and web journals and backing up Libraries, Project and individual images
- Creating automated workflows for photo shoot production
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS X
- Knowledge of basic photography terminology
New Media Manitoba is an Apple Authorized Training Centre (AATC). The AATC Program provides superior training to Apple customers, from novice users to seasoned professionals.
AATCs deliver Apple's official curriculum on Apple hardware, Mac OS X, pro applications and other key Apple technologies. The comprehensive curriculum addresses a broad range of technical proficiencies whether you're a first-time Mac user, an IT or creative professional, or a service technician. The courses are delivered by Apple Certified Trainers who maintain Apple's highest quality standards.
- Aperture 101
- Final Cut Pro X 101
- Logic 101
- Mountain Lion 201 OS X Server Essentials 10.8
- Mountain Lion 101 OS X Support Essentials 10.8
If you believe that you already have the necessary knowledge to challenge any Apple Certification exam, you can register for an Apple Exam Day without taking a course.