Snow 101: Support Essentials
Mac OS X Support Essentials is a three-day, hands-on course that provides an in-depth exploration of troubleshooting on Mac OS X. This course is designed to give you a tour of the breadth of functionality of Mac OS X and the best methods for effectively supporting users of Mac OS X systems. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience. (3 days) 9:00am - 5:50pm
Who should attend
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and others who support Mac users
- Technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs for general productivity or creative design
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running Mac OS X — such as teachers and technology specialists who manage classroom networks or computer labs
What you will learn
- The troubleshooting process and how to become more efficient with available tools and resources
- Mac OS X 10.6 features in depth, including how to find additional information
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional certification
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending this course:
- Basic Mac OS X knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting experience
If you have any questions or want more information regarding the Snow 101: Support Essentials course, please email Kert Gartner, our Certification Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor
Kim Zayac has worked in the computer information technology for over twenty-five years, managing network communications, information security, data center management and application development projects. He has worked in large and small mixed mainframe, micro and Apple computer corporate environments.
Kim holds industry recognized certifications in information security and project management certifications in addition to vendor certifications from Novel, SonicWALL, Apple, APC and others. He has delivered training for Red River College, SonicWALL and Apple for over twenty years.
Kim brings his experience and broad industry knowledge to the classroom to provide additional content and detail. Providing students with deeper understanding of the course content and better prepared for certification.