FCP 101: Introduction to Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface. Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects. (3 days) 9:30am - 5:30pm
Who should attend
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
What you will learn
- Creating Smart Collections to organize media based on metadata and keywords.
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
- Fine-tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
- Finishing and final output.
- A more detailed look at the course outline can be found here.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology is recommended
If you wish to write or challenge the FCP X Exam, it is highly recommended that you take a look at the exam preparation guide provided by Apple. It gives you an detailed look at the kinds of questions that will be asked when taking the exam.