Beyond the Conference: Strategies & Tactics for Building a Strong Professional Network
Adrian Crook, a veteran game producer and designer with nearly 20 years experience in the industry will be sharing how to identify, select and capitalize on conference opportunities, and how to grow and maintain your personal network before and after the conference.
Please note that the time for this meeting is different than our normal monthly meetings! We will gather from 5-7pm, at Red River College's Princess Campus (NOT 1000 Waverley St)
This presentation is a must-attend event for anyone wondering how they can improve the value of attending a Conference or Expo. Adrian's skills and methodology as a networker are exceptional and he has helped hundred of businesses achieve results with his ability to make connections, setup meetings, and create long-lasting partnerships.
On Tuesday we will cover:
• An introvert's system for growing a high quality network
• Content marketing: Tools for curating and creating high quality content
• Content marketing: Creating your own marketing content as easily as possible
• How to increase your personal exposure and refine your approach over time
• Leveraging Twitter fully - tips and tools
• Using conferences to grow your network
• Selecting the right conference(s) for you
• Conference preparedness, how to attend and with what
• Ensuring you don't miss out on key events during the conference
• Targeting key contacts during conference
• How to attend conferences for free
• Tips for meeting speakers and other key delegates
• Using LinkedIn and selected CRM tools post-conference
• Unique tactics to continue relationships, post-conference
All are welcome and there is no charge to attend.
The full details are below:
What: Beyond the Conference: Strategies & Tactics for Building a Strong Professional Network
When: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, from 5 PM - 7 PM
Where: Red River College, Main Floor Theater, 160 Princess St, Winnipeg
Who: Anyone who attends networking events and wants to make the most of them!
Why: We all need a little push to get us out of our comfort zone!
If you would like to join us for this exciting session you must register in advance! We have limited seating available.
The Twitter Hashtag for Tuesday's event is #NMMbeyond
There will be refreshments and drinks provided and some awesome door prizes.
We look forward to seeing you out!
Adrian Crook | www.AdrianCrook.com
Adrian Crook (linkedIn) is a game producer and designer with nearly 20 years experience in the industry. His consultancy, Adrian Crook & Associates, specializes in design of mobile social games, but also business development strategy for organizations such as Panasonic, the Ontario Media Development Corporation and recently New Media Manitoba. Choosing the right conference at the right time is in part what's enabled Adrian to organically grow his network to more than 2200 highly targeted LinkedIn contacts. Adrian will discuss conference strategy, but also go beyond the conference to talk about growing your network and managing your reputation effectively.