New Media Census
This Census was the first time that anyone succeeded in determining the impact New Media has on this province. The answers you provided in this census directly answered the questions of "Why does your work matter?" and "Why should anyone care about New Media?"
We've been working closely with you to fully understand our industry's weaknesses and greatest strengths so we can come up with a plan to provide New Media folks with the most competitive edge possible.
If you believe your work in New Media stands for something in Manitoba, then the Census is your chance to answer and define your role in this awesome New Media Industry.
Discuss Manitoba’s new media industry with fellow practitioners!
What kind of impact did the Census survey have?
We used the results of this survey – combined with secondary research, interview data and a detailed economic impact analysis – to:
- Show why new media matters and why people should care about the new media industry in Manitoba.
- Improve and enhance and support programs for our industry—like the Manitoba Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit (MIDMTC) and the Commercialization Support for Business Program (CSB Program).
- Develop a provincial digital media strategy.
- Assess our industry’s impact and influence on the Manitoba economy.
- Guide the way the industry grows, in and outside of Manitoba.
Where do I find the results?
As the Manitoba New Media Census begins to collect important data, we will compile and share the results anonymously here so you can discover the impact your work has in this province and why it's so important.
All of this information will be shared through our interactive forum – so check back often!
All of your responses to the survey will be kept strictly confidential and will only be presented (to NMM or anyone else) in aggregate.