New Media Manitoba is looking for an IDM Human Resources Consultant to fulfill its workforce development responsibilities as the sector council for Manitoba’s interactive digital media community.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for aligning labour and employee skills with business needs by driving effective human resources recruitment and management in the Interactive Digital Media (IDM) Sector.
You will provide consulting and training services to help IDM companies improve their human resource policies and practices with the objective of improved recruitment, retention and performance of the workforce. You will contribute to expanding the skilled labour pool to ensure a sufficient supply of workers for jobs in the sector.
- Leading initiatives detailed in NMM’s Workforce Development strategy and operating plan.
- Working in collaboration with the Manager, Workforce Development and Training, Idevelop and deliver an annual training program consisting of human resource and policy development topics that are customized to, and align with the needs of businesses operating within the IDM sector.
- Developing and delivering customized, team training for NMM’s member companies.
- Gathering and validating industry specific intelligence to inform long-term human resource planning, training and priorities for the sector.
- Providing advisory services to member companies across a broad range of human resources issues, including, but not limited to recruitment tactics, hiring processes, human resource planning, applying for work permits, policy and procedure development, regulatory compliance, performance management, training needs, workplace health and safety, etc.
- Working in collaboration with NMM team members and with academic partners to promote careers within the industry.
- Review career listings on the NMM website and in the weekly newsletter to identify and coordinate matching opportunities between candidates and employers.
- Employing job matching strategies to assist students, newcomers, under-represented groups, and other job seekers to obtain jobs in the industry.
- Supporting partners in the delivery of work-integrated learning opportunities.
- Building relationships and meeting with member companies to define their HR issues, goals and requirements to effectively deliver human resource needs.
- Assisting member companies with developing their internal HR policies and procedures.
- Perform other essential functions as directed.
- Minimum 5 years as a human resources generalist or as a human resources consultant, with experience that includes training and development.
- Full understanding of HR legislation, policies and procedures
- Experience in developing and delivering training, with strong presentation/facilitation skills
- Experience with IDM human resource challenges an asset
- Excellent customer services skills, with experience managing client relationships
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills
- Skilled project manager, time manager and organizer
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in business (CRM and Work Management Systems) and communication tools
- Enthusiasm and excitement for ongoing professional learning
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- First aid experience desirable
New Media Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment. We are dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Apply by May 31, 2023, with cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Services
100-62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.