Company: New Media Manitoba
Position Type: Full Time Employee Position
Position Ends: 2023 (with the possibility of extension)
New Media Manitoba is looking for a Business Development Manager to lead our business development and market access initiatives.
We’re looking for individuals who have business development experience as well as experience within, or a passion for, the Interactive Digital Media industry. If this sounds like you then keep reading to learn more.
- For the NMM ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ project, manage the following programs – Market Access Program (MAP), Customized B2B Program, Experts in Residence (EIR), and Masterclass Training.
- Manage NMM ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ project intake, execution, and reporting.
- Responsible for all quarterly and annual financial and narrative reports on programs and events associated with business development and collating all reports for NMM.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop a strategic action plan for business development and market access to achieve annual business goals of NMM members and the organization.
- Assess supporting programs for the IDM industry in terms of their relevance to members and identify new potential opportunities to pursue.
- Present to and consult with the Executive Director and the Board regarding business trends in the IDM industry and where applicable, adapt business strategies to support changes in the industry.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events, local and international conferences. Provide feedback and information on market and industry trends.
- Network within Manitoba’s entrepreneurial community; Introduce new entrepreneurs to NMM programs and services, connect professionals with the resources they need to start businesses.
- Work directly with Manitoba IDM companies to assess their business and help identify opportunities for growth.
- Increase NMM’s profile and foster strong relationships with key community and strategic partners to advance the mission of the organization.
- Facilitate and lead strategic trade missions for Manitoba IDM companies, working directly with member companies while conducting business outreach at events.
- Support the creation of business opportunities for Manitoba IDM companies to commercialize their product and increase export opportunities for said companies through facilitation of meetings with potential partners and market triggers.
- Initiate and nurture new projects with partner organizations. Develop relationships with members, employees, and entrepreneurs.
- Provide business development support for start-up IDM companies and assess their primary needs.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in sales/marketing/business or related field, or equivalent experience and professional development
- 5 years of experience facilitating relationship building and identifying business opportunities. If you have the passion and skills, the exact number of years isn’t as important. Show us what you’ve got!
- Experience managing budgets (planning, forecasting, quarterly & annual reporting)
- Experience reporting to a funder (federal, provincial government) considered a strong asset
- Excellent verbal, written, editorial, and presentation skills
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills evidenced by a strong network
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to build trust, preserve confidentiality, and avoid conflicts of interest
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the IDM industry preferred.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line – Business Development Manager Position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.