Company: New Media Manitoba
Position Type: 3 month Contract (Monday – Friday, occasional evenings)
Position Starts: ASAP
Position Ends: Summer 2021 (with the possibility of becoming a full time permanent position)
New Media Manitoba has an exciting opportunity for a talented Studio Lab Assistant & Digital Coordinator to assist with our training activities, community events and industry initiatives. We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of and help foster a vibrant and welcoming community of creative people who love working, and experimenting with new tech.
Your primary role will be in assisting our Tech Hub students during their morning lessons on site at our training facility in the Exchange District. This involves creative problem solving, interacting with students and managing a wide-array of technology.
Other responsibilities include managing the digital services and equipment required for all NMM virtual training and community events.
You’ll also work to promote NMM’s brand by creating compelling content that’s meaningful to our students, members, partners, stakeholders and community of followers. If this sounds like you then keep reading to learn more.
- Manage Studio Lab for TechHub students and ensure hardware and software is maintained, running and updated.
- Ensure the Studio Lab environment is safe and clean.
- Collaborate with lead teacher(s) to identify issues students are facing and recommend solutions.
- Working knowledge of AV hardware/software to run video meetings, recorded sessions, live webinars and blended events. (live and virtual)
- Create / update website content as it relates to NMM training and events
- Contribute to newsletter and social media content
- Over two years of experience in the IDM industry is preferred.
- Solid understanding of classroom activities and teaching best practices.
- Must have a compassionate and positive attitude.
- Knowledge of general internet and network connectivity
- WordPress and Creative Suite experience would be a bonus
- Be available for flexible hours and different weekly /weekend shifts.
- A criminal background check would be required if hired.
- IT Support (Preferred)
- English (Required)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line – Studio Lab Assistant & Digital Coordinator Position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only selected candidates will be contacted.