Company: New Media Manitoba
Position Type: FT Contract
New Media Manitoba is looking for an Employment Diversity and Academic Liaison to administer our ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ initiatives that encourage under-represented groups to pursue a career in Interactive Digital Media (IDM). We’re looking for an individual with talent acquisition, project management, and administration experience in academia. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Manage and implement our Employment Diversity Program (EDP) designed to increase employment for under-represented groups in the IDM industry.
- Liaise with academia and industry in Manitoba to; encourage hiring practices that promote diversity and sponsored internships, expand NMM’s ‘Girls in Gaming’ initiative, and encourage female speakers and professionals in technology and IDM to take part in our Networking Speaker Series.
- Prepare all quarterly financial and narrative reports on programs and events associated with our Employment Diversity Program, Girls in Gaming, and related initiatives.
- Collect data and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on all program initiatives.
- Manage outreach to IDM members to share information and resources on NMM programs to increase member engagement.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Business Development Manager, support strategic action plan initiatives to achieve annual NMM business goals.
- Assist in writing and formalizing the application process for NMM’s ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ intake, execution, and reporting.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and local conferences, provide feedback, and disseminate information on market and industry trends.
- Network within Manitoba’s academic and entrepreneurial community; introduce graduates and freelancers and under-represented professionals to NMM programs and services, and connect people with NMM training opportunities and/or resources they need to upskill or start a business.
- Provide administrative and event support to the NMM team when required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent experience and professional development.
- Talent acquisition, project management, and administrative experience and/or experience in the IDM industry.
- Experience in managing employment diversity and/or talent acquisition programs.
- Experience in developing detailed financial and narrative reports.
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in a deadline-driven context.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to articulate NMM programs and vision to members.
- Cross-culturally sensitive, genuine, and member service-oriented. Perform as a team member and leader when needed.
- Ability to build trust and collaborate with female students, graduates, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and professionals, preserve confidentiality, and avoid conflicts of interest.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
Starts: ASAP Position
Ends: 2022 (with the possibility of extension)