Position: Academic Liaison
Job Type: Term position ending March 31, 2024, On-site
Location: 100-62 Albert Street, Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $2,000 to $2,500 by-weekly
Deadline: July 19, 2023
New Media Manitoba is looking for an Academic Liaison to contribute to workforce development responsibilities as a Sector Council for the Province of Manitoba. This position will also support our sector partner Tech Manitoba. Reporting to the Director of Operations of NMM, you will contribute to expanding the skilled labour pool to ensure a sufficient supply of workers for jobs in the sector and facilitating alignment of post-secondary and secondary training with industry needs in the Information, Communications, and Digital Technology (ICDT) and Interactive Digital Media (IDM) sectors.
- Developing and articulating business expectations to education and training institutions to align programs with business needs
- Employing job matching strategies, including coordinating demand led training projects to help targeted groups obtain jobs in the industry
- Working with academic partners to promote careers within the industry
- Brokering work integrated learning opportunities for students to develop and enhance their skills on the job.
- Leading special initiatives detailed in NMM’s Workforce Development strategy and operating plan including but not limited to establishing and coordinating a Standing Workforce Development Committee for the sector, compiling and maintaining a work-integrated learning program database and planning and delivering a Career Promotion Campaign for the sector
- Providing a single point of contact/one-stop-shop for employees from the academic community for communicating and facilitating work integrated learning opportunities, event promotion, and responding to other requests for assistance and supports
- Working in collaboration with NMM and Tech Manitoba team members and with academic partners to promote careers within the industry.
- Working in collaboration with our HR Consultant with employing job matching strategies to assist students to obtain jobs in the industry.
- Networking with Manitoba’s academic and student communities.
- Assisting students with career planning.
- Introducing students and graduates to our programs and services.
- Attending industry and academic functions, such as career shows, association events and local conferences, etc.
- Delivering information sessions to students and distributing career and labour market information to schools, colleges, agencies, employers and the general public.
- Supporting partners in the delivery of work-integrated learning opportunities.
- Perform administrative, event support and other essential functions as directed.
- Post secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent experience and professional development
- Career development services experience within academia and/or knowledge and understanding of post-secondary programs an asset
- Experience within the IDM and/or broader ICDT sector an asset
- Experience planning and delivering promotional campaigns
- Experience developing and delivering high impact presentations
- Excellent customer services skills
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills
- Skilled project manager, time manager and organizer
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in business systems (CRM, Microsoft, and Work Management ), database development and management and communication tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
New Media Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment. We are dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical ondition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Apply by July 19, 2023, with cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Services
100-62 Albert St
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.