NMM designed the B2B Professional Services Program to respond to the unique requirements of IDM companies that need support to grow their business.
With over a decade of experience supporting the IDM industry in Manitoba, we know that each business is at a different stage of maturity, knowledge, and experience, and will need a different type of support as a result. Therefore this program gives companies the opportunity to request access to business development expertise to overcome specific challenges in order to increase their competitiveness and market share.
Application Intake Schedule
NMM is currently accepting applications for the B2B Professional Services Program and IDM companies are encouraged to apply early as funds are limited.
Application deadlines for FY 2020/2021:
- Intake 1: June 15, 2020
- Intake 2: September 15, 2020
- Intake 3: January 15, 2021
To be considered for this program, companies must fully review the B2B Professional Services Program Guidelines, complete a budget template for each activity, and submit a detailed Expression of Interest (EOI) via email to Liz Pelton, Business Development Manager at New Media Manitoba: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The EOI must include the following details:
- Purpose of the project and how it relates to their overall business development strategy
- How it will support future market activities and how it will generate value for the business
- Details on what needs to be developed and/or what services are required
- Budget forecast
- Resources identified/sourced for the project
Submissions are evaluated on a case by case basis and NMM will contribute up to $20,000 in matching funds. This program is distinct from the Market Access Program because the purpose is to help companies develop essential sales and marketing tools required to successfully grow their business, which are not tied to a specific market access activity.
Eligible activities include developing sales and marketing products that drive customer acquisition, revenue generation, and job creation (i.e. development of software and product solutions, online tools, market research, go-to-market strategies, and third party consulting services to generate business development products).
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Company track record* including an assessment of market readiness (5%)
- What products/tools/strategies do you need to develop to grow your business? (10%)
- How will these products support the achievement of your company’s business development and marketing strategies? (10%)
- What is the projected ROI for these products? Please provide as much detail as possible (40%)
- What is your implementation plan? (15%)
- What resources have you identified/sourced to develop these products? (5%)
- Provide a detailed budget for each activity (15%)
- What is your timetable for developing these products?
- BONUS: extent to which the project supports and reflects diversity in Manitoba as described in the Government of Manitoba’s definition of diversity** and/or gender parity; and/or applicant company is primarily Francophone, Indigenous, or culturally diverse (10%)
* Track record includes an assessment of a company’s ability to accurately budget for similar activities. New Media Manitoba’s contribution may be reduced accordingly.
** The dimensions of diversity include, but are not limited to: ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.