Unity3D Developer – Hololens
Company: Bit Space Development
Position Type: Contract
You will be working with the technical team to develop our video games. Working directly with the project lead and occasionally the client you will be called upon to solve technical problems in creative ways. You will be the technical backbone of the projects and your problem-solving skills will help us innovate and build exciting new content.
About Bit Space Development
Specializing in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, we have an exciting array of new projects that span across multiple partner companies and are looking for new team members. Our team, headed by internationally recognized innovators, have a combined 12 years of experience bringing innovative projects to light. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and animated people interested in bleeding-edge technology, cool topics and innovative ideas.
- Contribute code to our games
- Help solve technical challenges
- Develop software using Unity3D and related technology
- Work closely with the design team to build visually pleasing but functional software
- Create and maintain documentation including all aspects of the code
- Participate in testing and provide feedback for gameplay improvements
- Attend meetings with the team, as required
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to develop software using modern practices and frameworks
- Understanding of wireframes, prototypes, and familiarity with UI research a plus
- Understanding of Unity3D and can demonstrate the use of the software
- Understanding of game development principles and foundations
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently as required to achieve project deliverables
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills including demonstrated ability to use lateral thinking to resolve design issues
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and to deliver projects against firm deadlines
- Passion for gaming and an interest in designing engaging games
- Hololens & Hololens 2 development experience
- VR or AR experience is a strong asset
- Access to XR hardware is an asset when working remotely.
Note: All positions are currently remote due to COVD-19 but will be located in Winnipeg, Manitoba when it is safe to return to the office. This is a term position with the option to renew. Preference is given to those who have experience working on a team creating a video game in the past. Please send us a link to your GitHub and portfolio along with a resume and cover letter in PDF format to [email protected]. Cover letters can be addressed to Daniel Blair.
Digital Media Officer
Company: Canadian Foodgrains Bank
Position Type: Full-Time
About Canadian Foodgrains Bank
Canadian Foodgrains Bank is a partnership of 15 Canadian churches and church-based agencies working together to respond to global hunger.
For most people, the idea of global hunger evokes heartbreaking images of people suffering through extended famine or drought. While this type of acute hunger exists, it only accounts for around 16% of the total number of people facing hunger in the world.
A more complete definition of hunger includes when people do not have enough food—or enough nutritious food—over a long period of time. This kind of chronic hunger is less visible but has major effects on people’s lives. When the body is not being properly nourished, it compensates by slowing down physical and mental activities. This affects children’s growth, concentration at school and work, and weakens the immune system, making people more vulnerable to disease.
It is estimated that over 690 million people are facing hunger worldwide and do not enjoy “food security,” meaning they do not have regular access to enough nutritious food to live healthy and active lives
1. Digital Engagement – Support the work of other department staff in the development and promotion of digital fundraising, marketing, educational, worship, and other resources.
1.1. Social Media – Implement a cohesive social media strategy to support department goals for fundraising, communications, public engagement, and supporter relations; Manage the Foodgrains Bank’s social media accounts across all platforms to grow the Foodgrains Bank presence on social media; Monitor social media accounts, respond to inquiries, and produce reports on social media campaigns.
1.2. Digital Asset Management – Manage and organize digital assets, including photos, videos, presentations, and audio files. Create and coordinate the production of short videos, graphics, and other visual communications tools for use by staff, members, growing projects, churches, and others online. Stay up to date in content areas and provide recommendations for acquiring or creating new assets as needed.
1.3. Website – Take responsibility for maintaining and updating Foodgrains Bank’s website content, and monitoring and ensuring accuracy and consistency; Provide support on content maintenance, organization, tagging, and updating as requested; Post new articles, information, photos, and other materials as required; Create and upload new web pages, as requested.
1.4. Marketing Automation – implement and set up a schedule of automated marketing such as email series, custom responses, digital media tracking, and retargeting to support a relational approach to donor acquisition and supporter relations.
1.5. Appeals and Campaigns – Participate in the creation, planning, and execution of digital fundraising appeals and public engagement campaign materials. Implement digital advertising and supporter outreach on appeals and campaigns.
2. Communications Services
2.1. Content Creation – Produce and adapt content for use in digital media, including Foodgrains Bank and member’ publications, supporter relations, and public engagement materials.
2.2. Events – Collaborate with campaign teams and regional representatives on digital promotion, advertising, and reporting of fundraising and public engagement events.
2.3. E-newsletter Coordination and Execution – Work with relevant department staff to plan content and coordinate distribution for regional and audience-specific newsletters such as Hunger Action Network and Educators.
2.4. Research – Stay current with stories in the media related to food and hunger, looking for opportunities to respond. Develop digital responses to emerging stories in consultation with other communications staff.
3. Team Participation – Participate fully and positively in the resources and public engagement department and the communications team, and support the work of other departments:
3.1. Participate in departmental and team meetings.
3.2. Stay up to date with the work of the international program department and issues facing the humanitarian and development sector in Canada and globally.
3.3. Maintain working relationship with corresponding staff at member agencies and other relevant organizations.
3.4. Provide advice on digital communications to interdepartmental project teams as requested.
3.5. Participate in developing the Foodgrains Bank’s overall communications strategy.
3.6. Take on other assigned communications work as requested.
• Degree or diploma in digital media, communications, or related field
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Experience executing digital communications and social media plans
• Strong organizational skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
• Interest in relief and development work
• Available for domestic and international travel
• Must identify with and support the underlying mission and Christian dimension of the Foodgrains Bank. Must have a clear Christian faith and be actively involved in a Christian faith community.
• Experience or education in international development; familiarity with global hunger issues
• Familiarity with Canadian agriculture
• French language fluency
Please visit our website at www.foodgrainsbank.ca for a complete job description and application instructions. Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 4, 2020.
Company: Hoot Reading
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Position Type: Part-Time
Position: Part Time – 20 Hours Per Week
Location: Flexible (Headquarters in Winnipeg, Canada) | Work from Home
Reports to: Co-Founders
Hoot Reading is searching for a driven and creative “growth hacker” with strong communication and organizational skills to lead our customer acquisition marketing efforts and build our B2C growth channels. Working closely with both Co-founders, the Growth Specialist will use organic and paid campaigns across various platforms to consistently grow our top of funnel lead pipeline, while maintaining low cost per acquisition KPI targets.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and prepared to work in an entrepreneurial, start up environment. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a small, yet experienced team and make a tangible contribution, within an award winning tech company that is disrupting the traditional tutoring industry.
About Hoot Reading
Hoot Reading is a leader in online reading education, offering personalized lessons that can be completed online, from the comfort of home. Hoot connects kids with experienced classroom teachers, to practice reading over a proprietary video chat App, which was designed based on a research project at Sesame Workshop (the creators of Sesame Street). Their customized reading programs – Hoot Enrich, Hoot Tutor, and Hoot Junior – are designed to ensure that all readers (of any age or level) receive the attention and help they deserve. Their mission is to close the gap on the 4th grade reading slump and help ALL kids learn to read. Visit www.hootreading.com to learn more.
THIS JOB IS PERFECT FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO:
– Develop, design and execute creative growth tactics to drive traffic to our website and mailing lists.
– Use proven strategies to design and execute campaigns to increase followers on Facebook and Instagram accounts.
– Develop creative, low-cost “growth hacking” initiatives and campaigns to drive qualified traffic.
– Manage and test paid marketing campaigns across various channels including Google Adwords, Facebook and Instagram.
– Push leads through our sales funnel by creating and executing on campaigns to convert visitors into paying customers.
– Develop referral relationships with other businesses and referral partners to drive new sales channel sources.
– Identify and work with social media influencers to increase Hoot’s brand awareness and presence.
– Report on specific campaign success, ad spend and cost per lead using the company CRM.
– Create work processes that can be routinely tested and measure results.
– Compile and manage weekly lead reporting and overall pipeline
– 3+ years growth marketing and customer acquisition marketing.
– 2+ years experience in social media strategy.
– Post secondary undergraduate degree or equivalent.
– Excellent grammar, writing and proofreading skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and closely with small teams.
– Knowledge and proficiency using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Canva considered an asset.
– Experience with Google AdWords (or AdWords certified) and social media ad campaigns.
– Strong personal planning and work organization.
– A quick learner and a self starter.
– Flexible and nimble.
– Maturity in working from home and on a flexible schedule.
– Ability to work independently and productively to meet internal deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send salary expectations (hourly rate), a resume, and a brief paragraph on why you would like to join our team to [email protected] Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Marketing & PR Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
We are looking for someone who can work on marketing & PR for some of our new products. You will be working together with some of the biggest brands in publishing to market our unique and exciting products to end users. You would also be working on promoting our newest products in the publishing industry in general and raising awareness about Upfeat. This is truly a global position, you will gain experience in multiple different markets.
A jack of all trades, from email, to influencer marketing, to social media / traditional CPC campaigns, you will touch a wide variety of marketing channels.
Enjoy a tight-knit work environment with flexible work hours, casual work attire and tons of after-work activities. If working hard and learning digital marketing sounds like a fit for yourself, then send us your resume and we’ll get back to you!
Upfeat is an established content technology company that focuses on content analytics and monetization. With some of the biggest publishers in the world as our clients, we give them unique insight into how their content is performing, as well as tools that help them better monetize their content, without sacrificing content quality or user privacy. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Marketing & PR Manager to join our rapidly expanding team.
- Manage end to end email campaigns, including content creation, segmentation, A/B testing, and deliverability and performance reporting
- Implement and follow best practices in email campaigns to ensure maximum deliverability
- Create and monitor KPIs
- Run marketing campaigns across social, email, and influencer channels
- Maintain media contacts and regularly promote Upfeat and products
- Excellent attention to detail & thoroughness
- Quick learner, we will throw a lot at you, and you will have to learn fast
- Analytical and detail oriented marketer
- 3+ years of experience in direct to consumer marketing
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing
What your experience here looks like:
- An open, casual and friendly work environment in Winnipeg’s Exchange District
- Great perks including FREE food and drinks (when we are back in the office)
- Fun after-work events, parties and social committee events
- We are a fast-growing company, so there is always a chance to move up
Position Type: Full-Time
We are an established content technology company that focuses on content analytics and monetization. With some of the biggest publishers in the world as our clients, we give them unique insight into how their content is performing, as well as tools that help them better monetize their content, without sacrificing content quality or user privacy. We are looking for passionate and dedicated product managers to join our team and help us create the next generation of commerce content publishing and analytics tools.
Upfeat was founded in 2015 with one goal – to make content more rewarding for publishers. We’ve come a long way since that time. First and foremost we are a technology business, and we help our clients get an edge over their competitors with smart tech and better insights. We now operate a global network of deals sites and are working with brands all around the world across our core products: UpCoupons, UpAffiliate and UpAnalytics.
Although we’ve grown a lot in the last few years, we still remember our roots. We’ll never forget the importance of being able to move fast and build great products all whilst working alongside people you really like.
We’re always on the lookout for great people to help us on our journey.
As part of this role you would be working with stakeholders, designers, and developers to take ideas to features and products using an agile methodology. Being a technology focused company, we are looking for someone who loves learning and experimenting with new things. We are also looking for someone who loves pushing themselves to achieve bigger and better things. We are a small company trying to do big things and every person counts.
The qualities we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience with product management or product design on the web
- Strong understanding of web architecture & web technologies
- Experience with online publishing platforms & CMS’s
- Experience creating user stories
- Good understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with analytical tools such as Google analytics
- Experience with Software as a Service products
Full Stack Developer
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Position Type: Full-Time
What You’ll Be Doing :
- React component unit tests
- React component development
- Development operations
- Issue tracking
- API optimization
VidDay is a tech start-up that is harnessing the power of video to revolutionize the online gift and greeting card industry by proudly offering a collaborative and eco-friendly gifting solution that gives back to the world with every video. By bringing people together to create a meaningful gift, it has helped people in over 185 countries stay connected and celebrate special occasions.
- Some Experience in React, Redux, Jest
- Not necessary but a bonus: NoSQL experience, specifically RethinkDB, Experience with CI/CD platforms, especially GitLab, GitLab-CI
WHAT EXCITES US:
- Employee first approach to problem-solving.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to rigorously prioritize in a constantly evolving environment.
- Low ego? No task is too small to deserve your full effort and enthusiasm.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency, while maintaining accuracy and data integrity.
- Impeccable level of discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information.