Web Application Developer
Company: Bit Space Development
Position Type: Full-Time
You will be working with the technical team to develop our VRSafety platform. Working directly with the project lead and occasionally the client you will be called upon to solve technical problems in creative ways. You will be the technical backbone of the projects and your problem-solving skills will help us innovate and build exciting new content.
About Bit Space Development
Specializing in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, we have an exciting array of new projects that span across technologies and are looking for new team members. Our team, headed by internationally recognized innovators are looking for talented, enthusiastic and animated people interested in bleeding-edge technology, cool topics and innovative ideas.
- Post-secondary education in computer science, web development or an equivalent.
- Excellent skills in Typescript
- Proficient with relational and non-relational databases (MySql, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- Excellent skills to create and understand relational databases diagrams
- Basic understanding of automated testing frameworks
- Excellent skills with responsive development techniques
- Excellent understanding and experience with Version control systems
- 2+ years experience with c# in ASP.net/dotnet core
- Experience using the following frameworks:
- Experience with: server configuration.
- Experience working with AWS
- Familiarized with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with backend testing frameworks XUnity (Mock, Faker)
- Linux experience
If this sounds like you please send your portfolio or digital examples of your work with your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Marketing & PR Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
We are looking for someone who can work on marketing & PR for some of our new products. You will be working together with some of the biggest brands in publishing to market our unique and exciting products to end users. You would also be working on promoting our newest products in the publishing industry in general and raising awareness about Upfeat. This is truly a global position, you will gain experience in multiple different markets.
A jack of all trades, from email, to influencer marketing, to social media / traditional CPC campaigns, you will touch a wide variety of marketing channels.
Enjoy a tight-knit work environment with flexible work hours, casual work attire and tons of after-work activities. If working hard and learning digital marketing sounds like a fit for yourself, then send us your resume and we’ll get back to you!
Upfeat is an established content technology company that focuses on content analytics and monetization. With some of the biggest publishers in the world as our clients, we give them unique insight into how their content is performing, as well as tools that help them better monetize their content, without sacrificing content quality or user privacy. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Marketing & PR Manager to join our rapidly expanding team.
- Manage end to end email campaigns, including content creation, segmentation, A/B testing, and deliverability and performance reporting
- Implement and follow best practices in email campaigns to ensure maximum deliverability
- Create and monitor KPIs
- Run marketing campaigns across social, email, and influencer channels
- Maintain media contacts and regularly promote Upfeat and products
- Excellent attention to detail & thoroughness
- Quick learner, we will throw a lot at you, and you will have to learn fast
- Analytical and detail oriented marketer
- 3+ years of experience in direct to consumer marketing
- 2+ years of experience in email marketing
What your experience here looks like:
- An open, casual and friendly work environment in Winnipeg’s Exchange District
- Great perks including FREE food and drinks (when we are back in the office)
- Fun after-work events, parties and social committee events
- We are a fast-growing company, so there is always a chance to move up
Company: New Media Manitoba
Position Type: FT Contract
New Media Manitoba is looking for an Employment Diversity and Academic Liaison to administer our ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ initiatives that encourage under-represented groups to pursue a career in Interactive Digital Media (IDM). We’re looking for an individual with talent acquisition, project management, and administration experience in academia. If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
About New Media Manitoba
New Media Manitoba (NMM) is the non-profit sector council and industry association that represents Manitoba’s Interactive Digital Media (IDM) industry.
NMM fosters growth in the IDM industry through education and training, creating awareness through collaboration with K12 through post secondary, business development and market access support, emerging talent programs, networking and peer-to-peer events, and government advocacy work.
Manage and implement our Employment Diversity Program (EDP) designed to increase employment for under-represented groups in the IDM industry.
Liaise with academia and industry in Manitoba to; encourage hiring practices that promote diversity and sponsored internships, expand NMM’s ‘Girls in Gaming’ initiative, and encourage female speakers and professionals in technology and IDM to take part in our Networking Speaker Series.
Responsible for all quarterly financial and narrative reports on programs and events associated with our Employment Diversity Program, Girls in Gaming, and related initiatives.
Collect data and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on all program initiatives.
Manage outreach to IDM members to share information and resources on NMM programs to increase member engagement.
In collaboration with the Executive Director and Business Development Manager, support strategic action plan initiatives to achieve annual NMM business goals.
Assist in writing and formalizing the application process for NMM’s ‘Digital Innovation Strategy’ intake, execution, and reporting.
Attend industry functions, such as association events and local conferences, provide feedback, and disseminate information on market and industry trends.
Network within Manitoba’s academic and entrepreneurial community; introduce graduates and freelancers and under-represented professionals to NMM programs and services, and connect people with NMM training opportunities and/or resources they need to upskill or start a business.
Provide administrative and event support to the NMM team when required.
Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent experience and professional development.
Talent acquisition, project management, and administrative experience and/or experience in the IDM industry.
Experience in managing employment diversity and/or talent acquisition programs.
Experience in developing detailed financial and narrative reports.
Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in a deadline-driven context.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to articulate NMM programs and vision to members.
Cross-culturally sensitive, genuine, and member service-oriented. Perform as a team member and leader when needed.
Ability to build trust and collaborate with female students, graduates, freelancers, entrepreneurs, and professionals, preserve confidentiality, and avoid conflicts of interest.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Only selected applicants will be contacted. Starts: ASAP Position Ends: 2022 (with the possibility of extension)