Do you live in Northern Manitoba?
Are you interested in a remote internship to gain valuable work experience?
Would you like to work for a Manitoban tech company?
Through the Government of Manitoba’s First Jobs Fund, New Media Manitoba (NMM) has received funding to support internships of Northern Manitoba youth. This initiative provides work experience to youth who face barriers to employment and supports employers on expanding their workforce.
New Media Manitoba is working with the Communities Economic Development Fund (see more about our organizations below) to provide opportunities for Northern Manitoba. Interested candidates can apply for internships and selected interns will work remotely for Manitoban tech companies, allowing youth to stay in their communities and gain work experience. Roles may be flexible to adjust to the skills of those who apply, but employers have shared interest in hiring for roles in social media marketing, email outreach, research, IT support, and development/programming. Internships will run until March 31, 2024. If there is a fit and opportunity, interns may be hired for full time work with the company after the internship. Candidates may apply for more than one job if they choose.
To be eligible, interns must:
- Be age 15-29 during the internship period;
- Be new to this type of role1;
- Be a new employee of the company (i.e. has not worked for the company previously);
- Work full-time with the company (sales agents, external consultants, etc. are ineligible);
- Be hired to work remotely from Northern Manitoba for the duration of the internship2;
- Be Canadian citizens, landed immigrants / permanent residents or have a valid work permit; and
- Be Manitoba residents.
1 The intern must not have worked for the applicant or a similar tech company in a similar role. The intern is still eligible if they have done similar work for a non-tech company or a tech company in a different subsector.
2 Northern Manitoba is defined as north of the 53rd parallel. NMM reserves the right to adjust this condition in consultation with the funder.
NMM and the Government of Manitoba are committed to advancing Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action through this program and encourage employers to consider Indigenous candidates for these internships. NMM is working with the Communities Economic Development Fund (CEDF) to attract Northern Manitoba youth and Indigenous youth to apply.
View available job descriptions and apply for positions below.
New Media Manitoba (NMM) is the non-profit association dedicated to supporting Manitoba’s interactive digital media sector. NMM fosters growth in the IDM industry through education and skills training, creating IDM workforce awareness through collaboration with K12 through post secondary, business development and market access support, emerging talent and employment diversity programs, networking and expert-led events, and government advocacy work. NMM partners with other organizations to increase the effectiveness of our initiatives.
For this project, NMM is working with the Communities Economic Development Fund (CEDF), a Provincial Crown Corporation that has operated in northern Manitoba since 1973. In March 2019, CEDF received its new mandate from the Province as the regional economic development partner for Northern Manitoba. CEDF will:
- Lead implementation of the Look North Report & Action Plan.
- Coordinate economic development services for northern companies and entrepreneurs, in collaboration with other organizations providing business support in the region, to avoid duplication and create clear pathways for companies.
- Collaborate with Economic Development, Investment & Trade and engage with northern communities, Indigenous communities, businesses, training providers and other stakeholders to advance initiatives that:
- grow local companies and industries;
- create jobs;
- attract talent and investment; and
- increase the economic competitiveness and prosperity of Northern Manitoba.
For questions about this program, please contact Corinne Gusnoski, Business Development Manager at NMM: [email protected]
Funding Provided by:
The Manitoba Government