UX: User Research with Sara Fortier
November 19 from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Cost: $179 (Member Discounts Available)
In this four-part training series, design strategist Sara Fortier will give participants an introduction to user research, data analysis, and the best tools and techniques to turn research findings into actionable and innovative insights for business. Each two-hour session will consist of a mini-lecture and interactive workshop, where participants will dive into a specific element of human-centered design and research.
The four sessions are scheduled as follows:
Session 1: User Research
November 19th, 12:00-2:00pm CST
Session 2: Developing User Personas
November 20th, 12:00-2:00pm CST
Session 3: Journey Mapping
November 26th, 12:00-2:00pm CST
Session 4: Turning Insights into Opportunities
November 27th, 12:00pm-2:00pm CST
A webinar link will be sent one day before the event.
Session 1 will introduce participants to User Research, including research objectives, planning, and recruitment, and the best ethnographic research methods to use and when to use them, including in-depth interviews, contextual observations, diary studies, and surveys.
Session 2 will teach participants how to develop a set of User Personas based on the data collected through user research. This session will explore what personas are and why they are useful, and how to build, visualize, and effectively apply user personas in the workplace.
Session 3 will teach participants how to develop Journey Maps based on the data collected through user research. This session will explore what journey maps are and how to use them to identify gaps in customer/user experience. Participants will learn the critical components of a successful journey map, and how to build one.
Session 4 will build on the previous three sessions by demonstrating to participants how user research and powerful design tools (like User Personas and Journey Maps) can be utilized to pinpoint insights and areas for opportunity/innovation, which can then be transformed into actionable recommendations and roadmaps.
Learning outcomes for this training series will include:
- An understanding of the best user research methods for UX related projects.
- An understanding of how to create and utilize User Personas to build empathy for users and ensure a better overall user/customer experience.
- An understanding of how to create and utilize Journey Maps to identify gaps and areas for opportunity and improve customer/user experience.
- The ability to identify pain points and areas for opportunity in your service/product delivery and/or user experience.
- The ability to create actionable recommendations and roadmaps for the future based on research insights