Director of StudioLab xR, New Media Manitoba (NMM)
New Media Manitoba
Application Deadline: December 12th, 2022
New Media Manitoba is looking for a Director of StudioLab xR, the province’s first studio space dedicated to Extended Reality technology (xR).
This facility will allow students and developing industry professionals from the interactive digital media (IDM) community to gain practical hands-on experience in this exciting new field.
Help us build new worlds and train a workforce ready for the jobs of tomorrow!
The primary function of the Director of StudioLab xR is to provide leadership, oversight and support to a small team of instructors and technical specialists. You will be responsible for promoting the facility’s services, securing funding, developing training proposals, overseeing delivery of client’s training and production requirements, and charting the vision for the future of xR training in Manitoba.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, and other members of the NMM team, support strategic action plan initiatives to achieve annual business goals; oversee strategic initiatives related to the facility; and establish objectives, and KPIs
- Oversee all aspects of the facility administration, fund and business development, operations and upgrades
- Oversee research, planning, and implementation of clients’ training and production projects, and prepare media plans based on briefings from account executives
- Develop client, partner and vendor relationships; network within Manitoba’s academic and entrepreneurial community and connect people with NMM training opportunities and/or resources they need to upskill, upscale or start a business.
- Organize and deliver events, presentations, workshops, demonstrations, tours and promotional materials that demonstrate the lab’s capabilities
- Manage all aspects of employee performance; planning and monitoring the day-to-day activities of the team and maintaining a high standard of customer service
- Ensure that both external and internal staff maintain the highest skill levels in technology and instructional methodologies
- Preparing financial and narrative reports on programs and events associated with the facility, including media projections
- Prepare and manage budgets and monitor costs and ROI metrics
- Prepare training and production schedules and keep schedules up-to-date
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and local conferences, provide feedback, and disseminate information on market and industry trends.
- Ensure a collaborative, safe and respectful work environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in interactive digital media industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading teams and managing the activities of employees
- Well-versed in all types of media production and be current with rapidly developing IDM practices and technologies
- Knowledgeable of the local interactive digital media landscape, and be connected to the industry and academia
- Highly persuasive, with superior verbal and written communications skills, and an ability to articulate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including funding partners
- Client-focused, with a history of building strong, collaborative relationships
- Experience with new business development, workforce development, project and program development and securing funding for projects and initiatives
- Exceptionally creative problem solver, with ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of information and make effective and timely decisions.
- Effective project management, workflow management and organizational abilities, and a track record of meeting deadlines
- Experience in real-time game engines is an asset
New Media Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment. We are dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Apply by December 7, 2022, with cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Services
100-62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.