New Media Manitoba is looking for an interim Membership and Community Services Lead. Reporting to the Director of Operations of NMM, you will contribute to growing the Interactive Digital Media Industry by leading initiatives to grow and promote membership and industry contribution to the Interactive Digital Media sector. The role also includes delivery of NMM’s workforce development responsibilities as a Sector Council for the Province of Manitoba in collaboration with other members of the NMM team.
The position requires planning and coordination of meet-ups, speaker and training sessions, promotion of the sector and NMM initiatives, partner and stakeholder relationship management, and support of workforce development initiatives, including youth engagement and participating in career and sector promotion activities such as career symposiums.
Position: Membership and Community Services Lead
Job Type: Term position ending March 31, 2024, On-site
Salary: $1,550 to $2,100 by-weekly
Deadline: Sept 13, 2023
Membership and Community Management and Growth
- Manage member and subscriber relationships; serving as liaison and responding to member and subscriber requests and inquiries
- Lead and coordinate member and subscriber communications; managing and maintaining member and stakeholder data, developing content and managing distribution via emails, social media posts, newsletter and web-site
- Lead member recruitment and retention efforts, including onboarding, enhancing and managing general services (job postings, benefits, etc. ) and coordinating renewals
- Promote the IDM sector to members and the broader community; ensuring membership information clearly communicates the membership value proposition
- Organize and participate in events such as speaker sessions, member/community gatherings, meet-ups, demos and career/trade-fairs to build community.
- Work to increase member involvement; building a strong base of volunteers that can be called upon to support NMM events and activities; ensure hours are tracked for reporting.
- Provide support to NMM’s Academic Liaison in their work with community and academic partners, including assisting with events and student placements, and participating on committees and in partner events (conferences, career shows)
- Track and analyze member and subscriber trends and metrics
Promotion of the IDM Sector
- Steward the NMM brand, overseeing development and monitoring consistent use of approved templates
- Create, implement and monitor social media, video and web-site content and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies, whether in collaboration with internal team or third party service provider
- Lead all website management and development including estimates & invoicing, new features, troubleshooting, etc., drafting and publishing new content, continuing to improve functionality, design features, SEO, navigation, and user experience.
- Act as the representative of NMM on external committees as needed, and represent
- Build and maintain a media distribution list, draft and distribute press releases.
- Securing sponsorships for NMM initiatives
- Representing NMM at external events as determined by the internal NMM team
Other Communications and Event Management
- Facilitate communication within the office regarding events, activities, meetings, etc, by making planning documents and time lines readily available to all team members in a central location. This includes maintaining an up-to-date general calendar of (local, national and international) industry events in collaboration with the NMM team
- Support the Executive Director, Director of Operations, Senior Manager-StudioLab XR and Training Manager in activities as required; including but not limited to promotional activities (e.g. school/post-secondary presentations), document review and editing, and coordinating team events
- Lead and facilitate Pixel Pals MB and Manitoba Women in Tech Meetup groups and lead organizer of in person events as part of their Executive Committees who meet biweekly.
- Prepare promotional material and distribute to targeted groups including schools and industry.
- Completing office and administrative tasks as required; including but not limited to coordination of facility services and boardroom bookings
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in sales/marketing/business or related field, or equivalent experience and professional development
- 2-5 years of experience working with membership based organizations and/or in relationship development roles
- Experience in the IDM sector an asset
- Experience planning and delivering promotional and other communication campaigns using traditional and digital platforms, including social media
- Experience with event planning and delivery
- Excellent customer service and sales skills, a self-starter with a professional, determined and persistent approach
- Ability to respond quickly and efficiently to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional written, editorial, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; with experience developing and delivering high impact presentations
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills
- Skilled project manager, time manager and organizer
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in web-site maintenance/development (WordPress) and with business systems (CRM, Microsoft, and Work Management ), database development and management and communication tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
New Media Manitoba is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment. We are dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
About New Media Manitoba
New Media Manitoba is the Sector Council lead for Information, Communication and Digital Technologies and non-profit industry association dedicated to supporting Manitoba’s Interactive Digital Media (IDM) industry. NMM fosters growth in the IDM industry through education and skills training, creating IDM workforce awareness through collaboration with K12 through post secondary, business development and market access support, emerging talent and employment diversity programs, networking and expert-led events, and government advocacy work
Apply by September 13th , 2023, with cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Services
100-62 Albert St.
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3B 1E9
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.