All members and event participants are responsible for reading and abiding by the rules of our Safer Spaces Policy.
New Media Manitoba is dedicated to providing a harassment-free space for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity + expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, age, language, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic standing, or otherwise.
This Safer Spaces Policy applies to all NMM events and workshops, management and mentorship relationships, speakers and instructors, communications on social media platforms and other digital or in-person communications.
Our goal is to encourage all participants to work together to prevent or reduce harm, particularly for those who are often the targets of violence and harassment. Oppressive behavior that makes others feel unsafe will not be tolerated.
Such behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive, derogatory, threatening, aggressive, or silencing comments (related to gender, gender identity + expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, age, language, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic standing, or otherwise)
- Violence, intimidation, bullying, stalking, or unwanted following of a person
- Persistent, abusive, and non-constructive criticism with regard to any project(s) any participant may show during an event, space, or program
- Persistent micro-aggressions in the form of comments, jokes, razzing, obscene material, or otherwise
- Harassing photography or recordings
- Disruption of events, programs, or space functionality
- Inappropriate physical contact without consent
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Sexually demeaning imagery
- Advocating or encouraging any of the above behavior