Digital Artists, Programmers, Audio Masters, Composers, Interactive Writers, Game Designers, and students, you have one weekend!
This past June we were invited to attend Google's premier developer conference in San Francisco "Google I/O". We attended insightful sessions and interviewed several speakers and exhibitors in order to share all the juiciest bits of content with you. All will be unveiled on Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at 1000 Waverley from 7 PM - 9 PM.
This year's Google I/O was heavily focussed on Android, the Wearable market (watches), along with forays into the Automobile, and Health.
On Tuesday we'll be covering:
- Android-L with a heavy emphasis on Google's new design interface "Material".
- Android TV featuring Chromecast and the expanded integration with the home television
- Android Auto with all the integration between your smartphone and the automobile
- Tips and recommendations for Making Money on Android and the Google Play Store
- "Lean Research" featuring quick research to validate that your app idea solves an actual problem
- Cardboard! The new VR platform for under $20.
- Wearables and the Health market - how will your next watch make you smarter and fitter?
All the topics above will be presented in a way that is accessible to developers, designers, producers, and anyone with an interest in leveraging "Mobile" as part of their competitive advantage. Tuesday's presentation will have a Google/Android focus but the principles are applicable across all business and development platforms.
All are welcome! There is no charge to attend this event but you must register in advance.
As always, we will have prizes and giveaways for New Media Manitoba members in attendance.
We hope to see you on Tuesday night!
(3 days) 9:00am - 5:30pm (Wed-thurs) 9am - 12:30pm (Friday)