The Market Access Program (MAP) provides eligible Interactive Digital Media (IDM) companies in Manitoba with funding to participate in domestic and international market access initiatives that align with their business growth strategy.
Companies can access up to $20,000 in matching funds per fiscal year, ending March 31st. Market activities must produce measurable business and market development outcomes (sales, financing, licensing and/or publishing deals, audience awareness, media coverage, partnership development, etc.). Primary activities supported are market event attendance, trade missions and targeted sales trips that support a company’s growth strategy.
While the program is aimed at supporting the wider IDM sector, preference is given to companies whose leadership includes under-represented groups that require additional support to execute their growth strategy. Companies led by Aboriginal peoples; persons with disabilities; members of visible minority groups; and newcomers to Canada that arrived within the last five years will be given special consideration, so please indicate this in your application, if relevant.
All applicants must fully review the Market Access Program Guidelines, complete an online application form, and complete a budget forecast for each market access activity. Once completed, the budget template must be submitted via email to Corinne Gusnoski, Business Development Manager at New Media Manitoba: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Company track record* including an assessment of market readiness (10%)
- Objectives for proposed activities and viability of company’s business and market development plan (20%)
- Defined, achievable and measurable business and market development result projections and anticipated impact of activities on product success and company growth (50%)
- Suitability of proposed activities and implementation plan (20%)
- BONUS: extent to which the project supports and reflects diversity in Manitoba as described in the Government of Manitoba’s definition of diversity** and/or gender parity; and/or applicant company is primarily Francophone, Indigenous, or culturally diverse (10%)
* Track record includes an assessment of a company’s ability to accurately budget for similar activities. New Media Manitoba’s contribution may be reduced accordingly.
** The dimensions of diversity include, but are not limited to: ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by New Media Manitoba staff. This is a competitive process and only those applications that best meet the requirements of the program will be accepted. Failure to achieve targeted results in previously funded cycles may be taken into account in funding decisions. (New Media Manitoba reserves the right to consult with external industry advisors on the application packages on an as needed basis).
New Media Manitoba will give priority to quantitative business and market development result projections in selecting participants and measuring the success of this program. Quantifiable results include an estimate of the financial impact on the participating company with respect to sales, financing, licensing and/or publishing deals, audience awareness, media coverage, partnership development, etc. Applicants are also encouraged to include descriptions of qualitative results projections in their application.